As we close out 2017 and prepare to welcome the new year, here are my top three predictions that will impact Big Data and Analytics space the most in 2018:
- “Gigabit” high-speed internet goes main stream, driven by “Fiber to the Home” (FTTH) technology and improved mobile broadband coverage and speed, coupled with falling prices of broadband data connection.
- What this means is that more connected devices and more data generated by connected devices and people, leading to even bigger challenge for Enterprises to analyze and make sense of higher volume of data.
- Data privacy concerns will grow leading to demand for stronger regulation on privacy, data ownership and usage.
- This means companies will have to spend more on safeguarding data that they collect, especially Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and put in more effort for legal compliance.
- A.I. or Augmented Intelligence and Blockchain technology will gain wider acceptance in Enterprise IT market.
- This means AI and Blockchain will drive Enterprise IT spend and will determine how companies undertake and execute Big Data and Analytics projects as “Data Management” is the underlying foundation for both A.I. and Blockchain projects.
I expect 2018 to be a great year for A.I., Big Data and Analytics professionals with strong hiring by large enterprises and consulting companies alike.