A lot has been written about success and failure of Big Data and Analytics projects in recent times. Unfortunately, most of the articles and blog posts on this subject fail to highlight real reasons why Big Data projects fail. Given below are top 5 reasons, in my opinion, why most Big Data and Analytics project fail. They are:
1. Failure to define use case in objective terms
2. Failure to use right technology
3. Failure to focus on business requirements first, technology next
4. Failure to leverage all available data sets and assets
5. Failure to effectively use power of advanced analytics
In my next post, I will elaborate on these five reasons because of which Big Data projects fail and recommend ways you can avoid these pitfalls.